This is a blog of a happily married, stay-at-home mom of five kids. Expect mostly everything here.

8/22/2012

It's that time of year again

I need to make a curriculum for 4 kids this year.  Blah... I hate doing this because all the kids do pretty much the same thing. The only difference between them all is math and reading- as in Stephanie, my youngest girl reads at about a second grade level (she's supposed to be in first this year). The rest read about a college level and are well versed in chat speak.

Other differences is that Nathan wants to pursue filmography and the girls had asked me to get them some Lua books.  Yes, it's a strange programming language, but they want it to be able to program objects in roblox. I was trying to steer them towards PHP or even flashscript, but no.  They really REALLY want to program objects in Roblox.  I hope learning Lua would help them learn other languages as well.

Math... That's next.  This year we will be reviewing mostly, because they just started Kahn Academy a few months ago - just before summer.  Like any kid in their right mind would actually do math - at least not formally.  Kahn Academy also has other subjects besides math, including a new Computer science section, so I may use this site more than anything this year.

The rest is pretty much the same.  Local History - all - as we tour a few historical museums together.Science - also a museum class.  Or should I say museums as there are more than one I would like to visit this year.

It would be less redundant if we just had the teacher review, portfolio, or test at the end of the year. Do away with the whole submit a curriculum at the beginning and just have a notification law.  After all, if the kids pass the test, then what's the problem?

As a result of this law, however, I won't be on much the next few days as I type one up for the state. Fun.

No comments: