This is a blog of a happily married, stay-at-home mom of five kids. Expect mostly everything here.

8/23/2012

My Itinerary this Week

English:
English: (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
So tomorrow it really begins.  I guilted Jonathan, my brother into babysitting my kids while Mike and I went out to eat at Panera Bread. We hadn't had a date like that in about a year. It was definitely long over due. Of course, being a parent of five kids, we still did errands afterwards, of course, but it was well worth it.

It was nice for once to be able to talk to Mike without being interrupted for one reason or another.  And it's always the same three styles of "mom".  The drawn out, two syllable "Mooo-ooom" when they are fighting. The short staccato or "broken record" "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom" when they just want attention. Then there is the "Mommy" when they want something - usually money, candy, games, etc, etc.  I don't hear "Mommy" as often at the other two since they know I mostly say "No" but it does crop up.  The good news is, they seem to be awfully good in the moment leading up to the interruption.

So, we talked just about everything.  We talked about school plans, fixing Curves computer (which reminds me, I need to update my portable tools), fixing up the house, and other things that I can't repeat here on a family friendly blog.  We are married after all.

I had such a great time and what I ate at Panera seemed to have given me a boost rather gas, bloating, and cramps like other places, I came home feeling pretty good.

We really need to do this again after all, Jonathan owes me a lot of babysitting hours...

Picture above is an old photo of the business district of Rutland. I see it in just about every "mom and pop" restaurant I've been to there.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: