This is a blog of a happily married, stay-at-home mom of five kids. Expect mostly everything here.

10/31/2011

Some ideas, Health ramblings

I need to find a way to make some extra cash and at the same time save money. I know I’ve said this many times, but like my weight and my health, I had been sabotaging my efforts to succeed.  Combine that with migraines and allergies, it became easier to just not do anything.

Last spring, I developed a rash on my arm, which I at first, dismissed at the usually seasonal psoriasis. However, when it didn’t go away after I’ve been out in the sun and doubled my dose of Cod Liver oil I realize that this was more than just psoriasis.

I recognize the symptoms as an allergy, as I had the same kind of rash on my face when I reacted to penicillin. So I started to work on my diet, as in getting rid of all the potential allergens, with no success.

Before I can think of anything else, we had to go to my mother-in-laws for a visit.  During the two weeks there, my rash disappeared. My husband and I thought that maybe there was a mold growing in the upstairs rooms that may have been causing it. Our suspicions were confirmed after my allergy came back pretty much as soon as I got home – only to go away again, when I stayed in the Camper for a couple of days so that Mike can refinish the floor.

So out came the rugs and I slept downstairs.  The allergy subsided and I went back upstairs to sleep – only to have the allergy back again.  As it turns out, if it was the rug causing the allergy reaction, it wasn’t the only thing.  I was allergic to my mattress.

So I slept for a couple more weeks on the couch, because by now, the cheap air mattress was leaky and my lazy-boy style chair was broken. The problem is that the couch was only 4 feet long, meaning that I wasn’t getting enough sleep.

That’s when the migraines started. So now, I still have them. My body hasn’t gotten a decent sleep schedule, so I’ve been somewhat incapacitated. Since I’ve moved upstairs, however, I have been feeling a little better and today’s migraine wasn’t as bad as normal. So perhaps tomorrow, I can catch up with housework a little and then work on some project that will make money.

Now is this an excuse? Am I letting these problems get in the way? Should I be farther ahead than I am?

No comments: