This is a blog of a happily married, stay-at-home mom of five kids. Expect mostly everything here.

1/19/2012

SOPA (#SOPA) and PIPA (#PIPA)

I don't have much that's worth anything on my website, although, I hope that soon, I will. Currently, all of my content had been licensed under the Creative commons Attribution license.  Pretty much, if you use my content (if I ever post anything useful), then all that I ask is that you link back to me.

However, if PIPA passes, I may just use Copyright.  For those who know me, this may come as a shock, but there a reason... If I see as so much as a pixel of my content on any of these PIPA supporters websites without my permission, I will bring them down.

To be honest, I doubt that will ever happen as my content, at the moment is useless. But I honestly think other website content owners do the same. Perhaps by having their sites take down, the proponents will realize the idiocy of their websites - maybe.

I may post a "pre-permission" page where it can be used for non-commercial use - i.e. copied to a forum in a discussion, or something. Not sure how I will work this out. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

No comments: